Zucchini Taco Boats

I was on Pinterest, like always, looking for healthy recipes for my new lifestyle. I had a small zucchini on the counter so I started searching for zucchini recipes. I have made zoodles, zucchini lasagna… so this time I wanted something different.


I found this great Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats recipe from SkinnyTaste and decided to try it. I adapted the recipe and you will notice if you compare both of them. I didn't use salsa and used leftover picadillo instead of turkey. That's why there are no measurements, I was working with left overs and a small zucchini, sorry :(

Plus, I just decided to take photos with my phone, anytime of the day, when I cook something so I can share it super fast and not wait and stress while editing photos. Of course, I love some beautiful camera photos, but it's more real this way :) and I'm lazy anyways bahahaha

Ok. Back to the recipe.

First preheat oven to 350 F. Cut the zucchini lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.



Boil the zucchini in salted water for 1-2 minutes. Remove from water, place in baking dish and add the meat, pressing firmly, then top with cheese.




Cover and bake for 20-30 minutes until the cheese is melted and the zucchini is cooked through.


And there you have your taco boats. You can season the meat with taco seasoning to give it a kick, I had picadillo and that is normally what I use in my beef tacos. 


You can top with sour cream and pico de gallo, or just add them as a side like I did. 



Enjoy and happy cooking!






No comments:

Post a Comment