Spaghetti Squash and Turkey Meatballs Recipe

In my efforts to eat healthier and eat less carbs I tried the spaghetti squash and now I am a huge fan! I learned about it with Hellen Cavallo from Disney Jr's That's Fresh. Funny uh? haha! The meatballs were on me, I made my own recipe and everybody loves it here, but I feel like I need to modify it a bit more, so I will share it soon! You can try Helen Cavallo's recipe, I bet you'll love it!


When I made my spaghetti squash for the first time my mom tried it and loved it too. When she went back to Puerto Rico, she wanted to make it herself, but since the spaghetti squash is a "rare" vegetable in Puerto Rico she had to pay $11.99 PER POUND!!!!! Can you believe that? I buy it here for $0.99-$1.99 maximum per pound! Crazy, crazy! Anyway, she bought it and ate the heck out of that spaghetti squash lol (she bought it once though $$)



I not only eat spaghetti squash with meatballs, I LOVE the spaghetti squash with fresh avocado! I mash the avocado and use it as the sauce for the spaghetti! It is so yummy, you just have to season with whatever you like :) I normally use garlic powder, a bit of olive oil, onion powder, salt and pepper.


Here is the video from Disney Jr's That's Fresh with Helen Cavallo. Easy to follow recipe and directions.






 photo Signature_zps31c61f78.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment