Paracord Grenade Keychain

As outdoor lovers, my husband and I are always checking and searching for survival tips. As you may know, paracord is a great thing to have in hand. You can find out more information about it HERE.

Couple of days ago the hubby told me he wanted a paracord lanyard keychain and he sent me a link with a video tutorial. I made his keychain, and he was happy with it. Then I kept searching for more paracord projects and found the Grenade.






The grenade keychain is the cutest thing ever (well, those are my words… my husband thought it was 'cool') No, but seriously, it is super cool and looks like an actual grenade, with pull ring and everything.

This was the very first one I made, that's why it doesn't look perfect, it even looks deformed lol.
You have up to 12 feet of paracord in that grenade keychain (even more if you make it longer). There is also another version of the grenade, the Survival Paracord Grenade. This grenade includes a survival kit inside (hence the name), but that will be another post.

Now, back to the keychain.

For the Paracord Grenade Keychain you will need:
  • 12 feet of paracord 550 (I always add 2-3 additional inches just in case)
  • measuring tape or ruler
  • scissors
  • lighter
  • keychain ring

I found a great tutorial from Longlever Weekendgunners which was posted on the Paracord Projects page (awesome page, you should check it out). You will have to watch two videos in order to get it done if you are not familiar with the different knots and weaves (like me).

Ready?

First you have to make the Diamond or Lanyard Knot. Watch the tutorial HERE. The tutorial leaves a loop (he calls it the lanyard loop). Try to make it shorter when you start, so it is easier for you to form the knot (as the one below) at the end.


Next, measure approximately two and a half inches of paracord from the bottom of the knot. That will be like the body length of the grenade. Then start your cobra weave all the way up to the knot. You will find a great tutorial HERE.



You will continue to make the cobra weave. It makes a total of four times. When you finish, cut the excess, burn the tip and add the keychain ring...


…and DONE!


And there you have it! An amazing handmade and unique keychain where you have up to 12 feet of paracord in a 3 inch 'grenade'.



 photo Signature_zps31c61f78.jpg

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute. My 10yr dd makes paracord bracelets and keychains and sells them on the weekends. I'll have to show her this cute idea. Would love if you shared this on Merry Monday Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Pinned. Thanks again! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this helpful article,
    Survival kit

    ReplyDelete