Chuck Roast Recipe

Here is one of my husband's favorite meals (well, he has lots of favorite meals and you will notice haha) The first time we tried it was in 2012, while staying at a friend's house. He immediately fell in love with the roast, so I decided to start making it at home. At the end of the day it is easy and delicious, so why not?!


After trying and trying, I finally found the perfect setting on the oven and the right amount of ingredients to get this juicy, flavorful and tender meat out of my kitchen.

Oh and did I tell you about the carrots and potatoes??? Oh Em Gee! Love it, love it, love it!

But, the thing that I really really like the most about this recipe is the level of difficulty…. SUPER EASY!


Even the ingredients are easy to find, check the photo below.
*(recipe card at the end of the post has list of ingredients and directions)


I bought a 3.68 lbs chuck roast. The biggest one I have bought so far haha (holy leftovers!)


Since the roast is so big I cut it in six pieces. If you have a smaller one you can just cut it in four. 


Next, place the pieces in a roaster (or whatever oven safe deep dish you have).

Then add the condiments (2 envelopes of Lipton onion soup and dip mix, sprinkle everything with 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper and 1/2 tbs garlic powder), add 2 1/3 cups of water (I only add 2 cups if the roast is smaller than this almost 4 pound cow haha!), and finally the potatoes and carrots. (You can add yellow or white onion rings too!)

Oh so good! Now it is ready for the oven! 


To get the amazing tenderness you have to cook it low and slow in the oven*. But let me tell you, the wait is sooooooo worth it! 

*(I'm pretty sure you can make it in a slow cooker too. I have never used one, so I am not the best person to give you advice on the settings)


Put the lid on and set the oven to 275 degrees for 3.5 hours.

After the three hours, take it out, and shred it in big chunks with two forks. It should fall apart easily.

It will look like this (see below)



Then, put the lid on and place it in the oven again. This time at 200 degrees for 1 to 1.5 hours, and that's it!

My apologies if the photos aren't the cutest haha! I promise the flavor is good! :) 

We love it with white rice, but mashed potatoes would taste grate with it too!

Just try it and let me know if you like it as much as us! :)

 photo ChuckRoast7_zpscebe95bc.jpg

If you have any questions just contact me and I'll be happy to help :)

Se habla español también ;)

 photo Signature_zps31c61f78.jpg

5 comments:

  1. Oh yum, I can well imagine this tastes amazeballs. I am branching out and being a bit more adventurous when cooking my roasts. Makes them a bit more interesting and flavourful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well at least my hubby loves it, haha!! This is probably the 5th time I eat it, never had it while I was living in Puerto Rico (I left PR when I was 21) so this easy recipe has worked for us lol!

      I love what you said about being adventurous when cooking, I will definitely keep an eye on your blog! :) :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Yummy! Pinned! Thanks for being a part of our party. Please join us tonight at 7 pm. We love having you! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the love! This would be my first time joining a party, tell me more about how to participate. Thanks again for the love and for stopping by

      Delete
  3. You are making me hungry! Pinned. Thanks again for being a part of our party. I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm.. Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete