Philly Cheesesteaks

First blog post! Woohoo!

Publishing my first recipe here is a big deal to me. The pressure of thinking: "will people like it?" is a lot. But you know what? I love this recipe, so there most be at least one person that will like it too. Ha!

Today I came up with…

Philly Cheesesteaks!




I wanted something fast and easy for my husband's lunch.

What is easier than a sandwich? Nothing!

(Well… in my case raw veggies are easier, but not for the hubby. He doesn't like veggies that much, less if they are raw)

This recipe is so simple that I am completely sure you will find all the ingredients in any grocery store.

Here is what you will need: green bell pepper, onion, butter or margarine, (deli) roast beef, provolone cheese (I prefer the one without the added smoke flavor but you can use whatever you have) and french rolls. You will also need aluminum foil and to preheat your oven to 300 degrees.


Let's start with the vegetables.

I like the peppers in small pieces, so I decided to dice the veggies, but you can do it however you want to. 


 Since the hubby is a picky eater I only made one sandwich with veggies. 
1/4 cup of each, pepper and onion, was enough for me. 


Add 1 TBS of butter to a medium pan and sauté the onions and peppers (medium or med-lo heat)


While the veggies are cooking, slice the beef in squares.


Add the roast beef to the pan and mix everything together.   


When the beef starts to brown place two slices of provolone cheese on top of the mixture and set the heat to low.


While the cheese is melting, open you rolls and spread the mayonnaise on both sides.


When you are done with the bread, your cheese should look like this:


Get the mixture and put it in your roll.


Wrap it with foil and place it in the oven for 5 minutes. 


Now your Philly Cheesesteaks are ready! Buen Provecho!


The recipe below makes 2 servings (both with veggies). Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from The Little Kitchen.


2 comments:

  1. My favorite sandwich! Pinned. Sending love your way! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cheesesteaks! Pinned. Hugs! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete